Senior Director, Public Policy - EMEA
With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and life, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed and maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service, crisp linens, and over 200 other quality standards, we're taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started a little over five years ago, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
Sonder's public policy department supports every aspect of Sonder and its domestic and international growth. The Sonder public policy team partners with its business colleagues to proactively engage policy makers and other community stakeholders in order to help transform the future of hospitality. We aim to comply with all applicable regulations and engage with cities positively and proactively in order to align our business strategy to local requirements.
If you are interested in building a collaborative, world-class public policy department from the ground up, are a self-confident and experienced entrepreneurial policy or political professional unafraid of extreme professional growth and challenges, and are looking for an immediate impact and responsibility, we welcome your application. We only hire the best public professionals and then get out of the way so they can execute.
We're looking for a Director for Public Policy for EMEA to lead our public policy advocacy and outreach to government officials to support our growth efforts in EMEA. This public policy professional will be based in Europe and responsible for all aspects of Sonder's EMEA public policy work, including directly engaging with government officials on priority public policy issues and engaging public affairs firms. The ideal candidate for this position will have led a political or public policy team and have a background in and a passion for hospitality, housing or technology policy and politics. This public policy professional will work closely with Sonder's international expansion team, and will report into Sonder's Vice President, Public Policy. This role can be based in London or Amsterdam.
What You'll Do:
- Lead Sonder's public policy and government affairs programs in EMEA and serve as a spokesperson for the company to government, industry groups and civil society stakeholders.
- Collaborate with business, policy, communications, and legal teams internally to ensure that any efforts assigned or undertaken are in alignment with the company's overall mission, messaging, and strategy.
- Establish and execute strategies for policy, legislative advocacy, and political engagement.
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with elected officials and government appointees.
- Develop written analysis, testimony, and background materials as necessary in support of the company's objectives.
- Identify allies and build coalitions of like-minded groups including but not limited to think tanks, public interest groups, and academia.
- Hiring and managing public affairs firms in key markets, including an internal team over time.
- Identify opportunities for internal process improvements and implement them.
What We Look For:
- Evidence of exceptional ability
- Proven track record of learning quickly, taking initiative, working proactively and being resourceful
- Excellent knowledge of the legislative process at various levels of government
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex policy information to a wide variety of audiences
- Energetic, collaborative, and willing to take on all variety of assignments as part of a small but dynamic team
- Detail-oriented, self-initiating, well-organised, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as on teams with diverse personalities and skill levels
- A creative problem solver who is open to new ideas and new approaches
- Minimum of ten years of relevant policy or political experience, including some management experience
- Excelled in school; bachelor's degree required, advanced degree a plus
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Junior Project ManagerEurofinsCompany Description Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple10 hour agoShareBrussel
Tech Op's Manager (Senior) Knowledge ManagementJohnson & Johnson Family of CompaniesTechnical Operations Manager (Senior) Knowledge Management Janssen Supply Chain (JSC) is recruiting for a Technical Operations Knowledge Management (Senior) Manager,11 hour agoShareGeel
Tech Op's Manager (Senior) Knowledge ManagementJanssen PharmaceuticalsJanssen Supply Chain (JSC) is recruiting for a Technical Operations Knowledge Management (Senior) Manager, which will be an integral member of the Business Process11 hour agoShareGeel
Ukranian Speaking Client Advisor @ Client ServicesLouis VuittonPoste Would you like to join a dynamic and multicultural Service Centre environment, while also working for the world’s most prestigious luxury brand? Based in11 hour agoShareBrussel
Technieker (M/V)Actief InterimJij wordt helemaal vrolijk van een goed draaiende productie zonder technische mankementjes! Want dan weet je dat jij hebt gedaan waar je goed in bent: storingen11 hour agoShareVeurne